Monday, January 18, 2021

Mia Cara Cugina, Alma Gada

 We lost our dear cousin, Alma Gada last night. I am so incredibly sad she is gone but I am also incredibly happy for her. She is with her beloved Elbio once again. I can only imagine the reunion that took place with my parents as well. The four of them were not just family, they were friends. 

One of the great joys of my life was traveling to Switzerland in August of 2018. I was able to see my family, including Alma. I may have cried like a baby when I first walked into her home but I smiled until my face hurt the rest of the time. I will always remember the dinners at her table filled with family, food, wine, and stories. I'm so grateful for that time together. 

I remember walking from my cousin's home to the village church and cemetery where so many of our family members are buried. Over the next few days, my heart will return to Giubiasco, wishing I was physically there to mourn our loss but also celebrate Alma's life with those I love.

I'm going through pictures and have so many wonderful ones of Alma and all our Swiss family. I'm sorting through them and will do a proper post in the near future. 


Finché non ci incontreremo di nuovo, cara Alma


No comments: