Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Matthew Charles Hansen

Disclaimer: Be careful of drawing my attention. I have a million photos and you're probably all in there somewhere. 

Now, onto tonight's little story, thanks to my cousin Mindy, who drew my attention with this comment on FaceBook...

 just wait until tonight's blog... my 3 adoring sons Oh, how I love thee... except the first one he's trouble...


Mindy and Matthew. Just look at those sweet little cousins. Who would have thought these two would ever grow up to be the troublemakers they are today? Makes my rebel heart proud, I tell ya. I'm so happy you two are still close. I hope you don't share clothes anymore but that's none of my business. Oh, how I love thee both. 



As I was digging through boxes, I came across this handwritten report from Matt. He was 13 years old when he wrote it. It's tattered having gone through a tornado but so am I and we're both still here. It was quite informative. He writes about his two (at the time) adopted sisters and how Rachel is always there for him and Belen is skinny as a piece of chalk. Then he goes on to describe his brothers. Apparently, John had grungy hair and Andrew, who was in 1st grade was beating up 3rd graders who jumped him. Um. I must have been watching my stories that day instead of watching my children. Oh, shush! I didn't watch soaps. Maybe a Novella now and then. But never when I was suppose to be watching my children. I'm a good mother, dammit! But I digress. The best part of Matt's report is where he explains the best day for our family was the day he was born. I'm pretty sure he is sticking to this story thirty years later as he still calls me on Mother's Day to ask where his gift is. 


This was our very first Christmas with sisters! I love these boys so much and I'm so grateful they were willing to open their hearts to having sisters. I'm also happy Andrew was willing to not beat them up since he apparently was quite the Joe Frazier of the family. 


This was our first Easter with sisters! Now that I take a closer look, Andrew might look a little ragged, like he just beat somebody up. 


Matthew's High School graduation with his sisters! We were so happy for so many reasons. He wasn't in jail. He still loved his family, for the most part. He graduated high school. He wasn't in jail. And I'm not referring to the massive party he threw at my parents house when they were out of town. Without them knowing. With their alcohol. And about a hundred kids. Don't ask. I'm not allowed to talk about it. But he wasn't in jail.

Ok, he might be a little bit right about me owing him a gift on Mother's Day because the day he was born was one of the best days of my life. I didn't even know you could love someone that deep. Scary stuff, and I'd do it all again. I mean, look at that baby face with my squinty little eyes. And those cheeks! 


Hey, don't draw my attention if you don't want the pictures posted.
Pretty sure he was asking me to sing his favorite song...
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 
Don't be embarrassed Matty. Your friends will think it's sweet you want to sit on your mama's lap. Besides, if anyone makes fun of you, your brother Andrew will beat them up, or so I've heard.  


I love that Rachel and her family are so close to you and your kids. This is my reward. 




Nothing makes me happier than seeing you all together, brothers, sisters, cousins. 
This is what life is all about. I'm so glad you see that and understand the importance of family. 



I'm grateful you have made time for your California family. Although, you still haven't gone to visit Jack and Barbara and I'm pretty sure you should since you've promised you would. But hey, I'm just your mother. What do I know? 



I love this picture of you and Aunt Carol. You definitely look like the Hansen's but you definitely act like a Casas. I'd say that's a win-win. I'm pretty proud of you, and not just because you're not in jail.



Ok, I've poked a bit of fun at you but it's only because you said I wrote horse shit about your sisters. First off, watch your mouth or I'll waterboard you like when you were a kid. 
Secondly, I write crap, not horse shit. Get it straight! 
Finally, don't be jealous. You're still my favorite Matthew in the whole, wide world. 
By the way, Dad and I are so happy you married Gina.
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Hansen and welcome to our family Gina. We love you already. 
Remember what I told you Matt, Italian girls don't play. I know because I'm Italian-Swiss.
Behave and be nice or you will definitely end up in jail. 






1 comment:

Lillian Robinson said...

They're back in full force! The words!