Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Why I think it would be ok to beat the crap out of my old neighbor

Tonight, I am writing per a request from a childhood friend who was my neighbor back in the days of South Gate. I think he may have been wondering if me wanting to beat the crap out of my old neighbor might have been referring to him and therefore, his request that I write this story. Alas, he is not the neighbor I would like to beat the crap out of. Plus, even if he was, he is much taller than I am so there's that. 

Anyway, we recently had a neighbor (tenant) that gave the appearance of being a decent human being. He was not. Unfortunately, we found this out too late. This piece of....humanity....sold himself as an animal loving, people caring, honorable, decent soul. He is none of those things.

This was a person that I allowed to be a part of our family, not only welcoming him but trusting him. Big mistake. Before he moved in, there were a few flitterings in my gut about him but I chose to ignore them. I was stupid. I was also in a very sad place because my kids and grandkids were moving far away and I allowed that sadness to cloud my judgement. Actually, I was also scared if I'm going to be honest. I was living in a town, in a state, where I knew almost no one and I was terrified of being so far from family and friends. That's the disgusting truth. 

Looking back, I'm ashamed that I would allow fear to decide my fate instead of trusting God with my future. But that's what I did. So, out of fear, I not only allowed this person to move onto our property, I allowed him to move into our lives and the lives of my family and friends. Big. Effn. Mistake. I will never, ever, ever, again allow fear to move me in the wrong direction thinking it will save me. It will not.

I am grateful we figured out the truth before things got any worse and someone got hurt. It would have been him getting hurt and I would have been the one laying down the hurt. And that, is also the truth. If you think I'm joking, ask my kids. My son stopped me on our Christmas cruise from jumping into the middle of a fight. I can't stand injustice and I tend to forget I'm a short, fat, old lady when I see it in front of me. My brain yells, "Charge!" and there I go. By the way, John and Jesus, next time, I'm punching that man on the boat right in the kisser.

So, all that to say, if you are a person that beats people up, hurts and abandons animals, lies, cheats and steals from others, and commits felonies you just haven't been caught for....yet......I think it would be ok to beat the crap out of you.








No comments: