Thursday, April 29, 2021

Throwback Thursday Because I'm Living In (Remodel) Hoarder Hell Right Now And Can't Find Anything

 I wrote this eleven years ago to the day. Not much has changed. We don't live with a twelve year old anymore however we both still act like twelve year olds and one of us still does most of the talking. Oh well, some things never change. 




Wanted: One Talkative Cabana Boy

So, after my last post, I noticed people requested to hear Bob’s side of the story. I, for one, loved the idea. Think about it. Bob giving his side of the story would mean he would actually have to share what is going on inside that brain of his. This was going to work out better than I could have even imagined. Or so I thought.

When Bob walked in the door Tuesday night he was laughing as he asked,


“So, are you ready to apologize?”


That’s when I started laughing.


“Apologize? For what? For telling the truth?”


Ok, so now we are both laughing hard enough to make it difficult to speak but not too difficult to chase each other through the house pushing one another. Yeah, we are quite mature like that. Of course, our twelve year old is also laughing and running with us by this time even though she has no idea why.


Anyway, when I told the Great Orator that people were requesting his side of the story, he was thrilled. He promised to let the entire blog world including “all those blog people of yours” know the truth once and for all.


Waiting.


Waiting.


Waiting.


Finally, last night when I asked him when he planned on responding to my post, I got this shockingly uncharacteristic reply. (sarcasm most definitely intended)


“Sorry. I got nuthin.”


Point proven. Case closed.


One last thought. This may be why middle-aged women leave their husbands after 35 years for talkative Cabana boys. I’m just saying……




No comments: