Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Happy Birthday, Cher!

Today was my cousin Cher's birthday. She and her husband Kelly came to visit for a few days and I can't tell you how much I needed this. The last two days have been nothing but cooking and eating, drinking mojitos and having completely inappropriate conversations. Do not ask Kel or Cher about the Bedazzle Billboard. Ever. Don't say I didn't warn you. Time together always leads to uncontrollable laughing until my stomach hurts and I have trouble catching my breath. There is something so completely healing about laughter. Everything just feels right in the world after a good laugh and who doesn't need that right now?

Cher is one of the kindest women I know. Her heart is enormous even after suffering some serious blows. She continues to choose generosity and joy and that can't always be easy but she's never been one to take the easy way out. When I was caring for my father and sister at the same time, it was Cher that jumped on a plane and rescued me from the edge of insanity. I never had to ask twice and often, I didn't have to ask at all. Cher knew and understood what I was dealing with and chose to stand beside me even though she was in the middle of caring for her own dad. That's just who she is at her very core. 

Cher is my safe place in this life. I know I am loved and can trust her. What greater gift can you give a person than that?

Happy Birthday, Cher! I know it's your birthday but I'm the one that received the best gift with you here. Thank you. I love you.


Old people gone wild. Yes, please!


Do I love you? Is the Pope Catholic? Well, probably not this one.

No comments: