Ok, I wanted to slap Sally Fields when I first heard her say that years ago, so if you feel the same way about me, it’s all good. That said, I was bestowed with my very first ever, and who knows maybe the last, award! Yippee, go me! Sarah, who writes one of my fave blogs over at http://thegoodgirls.blogspot.com/, had a lapse in good taste and gave me this wonderful award. I accepted before she could change her mind. Yeah, me again! Sarah, you are the best and I sincerely thank you for this vote of confidence. I won’t let you down. Well, actually I will eventually, so deal with it.
The catch for this award is to tell seven things about me that people may not know. (I am not sure if they have to be true statements but that never stopped me before), so here goes:
1. I have seven children, three birth and four adopted. I cannot, however, remember which are which.
2. I took three years of piano and can only play one song … and not very well … at all.
3. I took three years of Spanish, got straight A’s and still cannot speak a word of Spanish to this very day. Do you see a pattern here?
4. I have been known to jump off the roof into the swimming pool in my younger years. I have since developed brains.
5. I love public speaking which is one of the top ten fears of most normal people. Keyword: normal.
6. I love to cook and host parties. I am especially entertaining after approximately 3 ounces of red wine.
7. I do not want to be rich or famous but I do want to write a book that others will read and beg for more. I suppose, I just want to be heard. I guess it really is all about me!
Now comes the hard part, passing this award to another deserving writer. There are so many great writers out there that choosing just one is not easy. I guess the best way to do this is to just do it….so, after much deliberation and 3 ounces of red wine, the new owner of this fabulous award is Monkey Man who writes a deep, funny, moving, thought-provoking, great blog over at http://petzoldspracticalprose.blogspot.com/. Be sure to check out his site. You’ll be glad you did. Congrats to you, Monkey Man!