Thursday, May 6, 2021

Happy Birthday, Hannah Kelly Hansen

 Well, as of today, we have another fourteen year old granddaughter. This one is my sister Kelly's namesake, sort of. She's her middle namesake, anyway. Hannah Kelly Hansen was quite the big thrill for Kelly. Of course, Kel thought Hannah's name should have been Kelly Kelly Kelly. Actually, she thought all my grandchildren should have had her triple moniker but since I'm not George Foreman, I wasn't going to push that idea. For those of you who have been sadly shielded from the joys of the boxing world, George Foreman named all five of his sons George Edward Foreman. You're welcome.

One other thing my sister Kelly and my granddaughter Kelly Kelly Kelly aka Hannah had in common was their love for baking. In truth, Hannah's cakes remind me of my sister and her baked goods. Honestly, I wish more than anything, Kelly was here today so she could enjoy the comparison. 

Hannah Kelly Hansen, happy fourteenth birthday! I love you so very, very much and I'm happy you aren't named Kelly Kelly Kelly. Although, I think your sister Gracie could live up to that name but that's another story. Hannah, you are a wonderful person. Sharp as a tack, as the old folks say. I think it means you're smart. You're also beautiful and kind and loving. You might have your Aunt Kelly's name and baking skills but you got the rest from me. I'm claiming it anyway. I love you, Hannah. Happy Birthday!!


Yep, bakes just like her Aunt Kelly.


No comments: