Back to the beginning....
1. Fast for the 2 billion people who live on less than a dollar a day.
2. Contact your local crisis pregnancy center and invite a pregnant woman to live with your family.
3. Ask your pastor if someone on your church’s sick list would like a visit.
4. Join an open AA meeting and befriend someone there.
This Story Is Still Being Written
5. Adopt a child.
6. Mow your neighbor’s grass.
So, my next opportunity to make a difference is mowing my neighbor's lawn according to The List. One problem. There is not a single blade of grass anywhere in this neighborhood, city or state.....yet anyway. The weather is still too cold for any showing of the green. I can tell you this much. Bob has mowed the neighbors lawn in the past. It actually brought another neighbor out of his house, asking why. There's a long story but here is the condensed version. The lawn being mowed was owned by a less than nice person. The questioning neighbor along with a few others despised the less than nice neighbor. Seeing Bob mowing this guys lawn not only brought neighbors out of their homes, it got them talking. To each other. Kindly. Nicely played, Mr. Bob. You are a smart man. I think I want to kiss you when you get home. Yes, I believe I do.
Anyway, since we are a grassless state for the time being, we will be doing a substitute adventure. We are heading down to the Mission area tomorrow to clean. We'll take trashbags, gloves and camera. I will also be on the lookout for Nikki. Remember Nikki? Whatever happens, that will be my Sunday In My City post. So, check back then. Or better yet, wanna come with us tomorrow?