Saturday, June 26, 2021

Second Chances

So, today was our 45th wedding anniversary. We were suppose to be grooving in Newnan, Georgia with Alan Jackson. There was also a surprise party planned for us, or so I was told. There were to be mariachis because every decent party has mariachis. 





But instead, we ended up grooving to the beep of a heart monitor here. There were no mariachis. I checked. 



As I walked down the hall alone, I read this sign and thought, yep. The heart often knows.


This guy decided blocked arteries were more important than Alan Jackson. In forty-five years of marriage, I have never seen him eat vegetables. Not. Even. Joking. But suddenly, I find him eating every last carrot, a few bites of potato and leaving the mystery meat on the plate. Seems blocked arteries wake up your taste buds.



Seems blocked arteries also wake up your sense of humor. The nurses are all crushing on the old man. I mean, the nurses all look to be twelve so......Slow your roll, Grandpappy.




This is the face of my beloved as a small child. My understanding is, this was his face more often than naught. 




Funny how some things never change.



There was no Alan Jackson. There were no mariachis or margaritas. But I received the best anniversary gift my husband has ever given me. I received hope of more time together. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, I want more than more time with my husband.

Bob will be having triple by-pass surgery on Monday at noon. We are both scared and shocked and extremely grateful to God for second chances.

Please pray.






7 comments:

Trink said...

Oh guys, you both are so very sweet,...and funny! we are praying for Bobs surgery, healing and that many, many, many more years are added to your marriage! Love you, Gary and Katrinka

Lillian Robinson said...

I am praying! Glad I took time to come back and read this. Not that I have a special "in" with the Big Guy,but...well, you know.

Unknown said...

Major prayers are going up to our FATHER GOD....Divine healing . I am praying GOD covers the OR and medical staff with the BLOOD of JESUS and Peace for You and Bob....Psalm 91! Praise the LORD! Divine appointment for You both! Happy Anniversary! To GOD be the Glory! Psalm 122:7" Peace be within thy walls. " HUGS!

Unknown said...

GOT BOB,YOU, THE FAMILY AND THE MEDICAL STAFF THAT WILL BE ATTENDING TO HIM COVERED IN PRAYER.

lisaq said...

o brother. i'm always late to the party...! just discovered this post. perfect as per usual...will look forward to hearing how that the mariachis showed up on the recovery floor to serenade ol bob back to good health! love love love you guys!!

Tammigirl said...

Praying for you both - it's been a while since I've been around, but felt compelled to check on you today.

MommyLisa said...

Oh I hope he had a speedy recovery - they can do wonders with stents and balloons these days. I know from working at a med device company. :) Be well my dear!