Tuesday, January 2, 2018

La Vita Bella

I am a fast walker. I have no idea how this happened since I  have tree stumps for legs. Anyway, as I'm watching a travel documentary on Italy last night, I noticed something. Italians do not walk fast. Ever. They stroll. I mean everywhere. This might seem like no big deal and its probably not to you other slow walkers out there. But to a fast walker like me, it was significant. I'm going to Italy this summer. Seeing how Italians literally stroll through life, I realized I would end up plowing people down if I didn't slow down when I get there. This caused me great anxiety today. No, seriously.

 I kept thinking, "How am I going to remember to slow down when I get there? I look like I'm running compared to Italians. This is going to be embarrassing." 

That's when it hit me. I don't need to slow down when I get to Italy. I need to slow down now. Life goes by way too fast and I've missed so much because I'm always going full speed ahead. It's time to practice my stroll. 




A stroll around Catania's Food Market, Sicily #food #travel

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh.my.gosh. I am green with pleasure and envy! You need to tell us everything about this trip. My dream trip for certain. Marla - I just stumbled on your writings! I'm glad to see you xxoo my old and dear blogging friend.