Sunday, January 1, 2017

Finally

   So, it's been over three years since I blogged. Oh sure, I'd stop by periodically, type a line or two and then delete it before I knew what happened. But I just didn't have anything to say anymore. I lost my voice after my sister died. I just couldn't write anything worth reading. I tried but it was just too sad and pathetic. It wasn't the me I was used to. It was a dark, scary version of me. I didn't like it. I also didn't know how to fix it. So, I just stopped trying. I stopped writing, stopped being happy.  I'm good at faking it when I need to but not in my writing.When I write, the truth usually comes out and I just couldn't let that happen. So I stopped.

   A lot has happened over the last three plus years. Some good, some not so good, some really awful. One of the good things that happened, for me anyway, is that I started to hear my voice again. That girl in my head that writes stories all the time, about everything, started speaking to me once more. A lot. I tried ignoring her but she is the sort that won't be ignored for long. She just gets louder. So, here I am.

   I've read through Butts and Ashes from beginning to end this last week. It helped remind me how much I enjoy writing, how entertaining I find the girl in my head to be and also how incredibly pitiful I am now and then. Anyway, I decided to give it another go. So, here I am.

   It might take me a minute to find my writing legs again but I'm going to try because finally, I think I have something to say again. We'll see.

2 comments: